Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Teaching myself to be a Nudist (Part 2)

Rae continues with her story:
First thing worth noting – we didn’t get that thunderstorm, but it did rain heavily for most of the day. Second thing, I am still naked as I write this update on Sunday morning. Sitting with my fuzzy blanket over my lap, legs up on the coffee table, sipping my one small coffee a day. Thanks pregnancy… In terms of staying naked the entire day – we failed. We ended up getting bored being shuttered in the house that we went for a drive to explore our new city. But in regards of teaching myself to be nudist – spending a lot of time and activities throughout the day naked – it was a success.
Jay is a morning person. He is always up around five in the morning for work, and unfortunately, he doesn’t know how to sleep in on weekends. So he was up first – despite being proud to have slept in till almost seven. I woke up to him sitting on the couch drinking coffee, watching the news. We wont discuss what time I rolled out of bed. I’m pregnant – leave me be. And besides – it’s a Saturday. This part of my day is usually no different – I usually sleep naked (even more so since I’ve been pregnant) and I usually don’t put clothes on right away. Sometimes a robe, sometimes a shirt, usually nothing. I came out – joined Jay on the couch – and got updated on the royal coronation. Yay… Sorry to all my British fans – but as an American, the fascination of the British Monarchy never really resonated.
What does resonate is coffee – and I poured my single cup of the day – and rightfully so picked my Nudist Mug. Remember the shopping list I made so we could shelter in place today? I forgot milk. But that has NOTHING to do with the blog, or our day, just that I don’t really like black coffee. But I digress. My one black coffee – which in a normal day would have skipped given the lack of milk and waited until I went out – but since that wasn’t going to happen – caffeine is caffeine. And while the baby limits my coffee consumption, I feel it has doubled my waffle consumption. Waffles for breakfast – and while we have yet to acquire a waffle iron – the extra thick toaster ones get a passing grade.
It almost felt like I had to be doing something to be successfully spending my time naked. Lounging on the couch wasn’t enough, so I went to tidy up from breakfast and a little laundry – and Jay (on his day of rest) went to finish trimming and installing baseboards around the dining room. The man can’t sit still, I swear. I made him wear the tool-belt he bought me for all of our naked reno activities when he was operating the power tools – just because even though I’ve already got a baby in me – need to keep him fully intact. The day seemed to be progressing slowly being completely naked. I almost felt restricted. Like there was less I could do being naked, than if I were fully clothed. We still had most of our blinds open – except for the one in the kitchen that would give the entire neighborhood a full view – so it wasn’t like I was feeling closed in. Definitely wasn’t clothed in. But I guess this is just me teaching me how to be naked.
Jay, still busy nailing base boards into walls – I decided to bake some cookies. Nothing fancy or extravagant – just something sweet. Haven’t busted out the new mixer we got as a housewarming gift yet. Also, baby has given me a sweet tooth. I was always savory, and Jay was always the sweet tooth. So luckily I know where he “hides” his goodies. Baking is unique naked. If you haven’t tried it before – you should. On the one hand – you can’t really hurt yourself, you don’t usually have a sharp knife. The only really hot dangerous thing you would touch is the oven and the cookie sheet – and to be honest – if you’re going to hurt yourself it would happen clothed or not. It also keeps your clothes clean. Flour gets everywhere – and while it gets on your skin – it wipes off very easily.
We got restless. We didn’t get bored. We were naked and having a great time – just ran out of things to do – and also realized we still haven’t really explored our new city – and while Jay joked we should just drive around naked – I wasn’t going to do it in a city where the bulk of the streets are 30km/h and surrounded by busy stores. Our drive has nothing to do with our challenge and was awesome for us, would be boring for all of you – but I will let you know we found like three or four great spots to adventure in warmer weather that have great skinny dipping potential – so stay tuned.
As soon as we got home – we stripped back down on our commitment into nakedness (despite having already failed our challenge) and Jay needed to shower off because he got a little muddy exploring a little too much on one of those aforementioned potential skinny dipping spots. Amazon delivered while he was in the shower – and just left it on the front porch until Jay got out of the shower. Our neighbors must have seen me naked already – but I wasn’t going to go out of my way to let them see me naked. Although the vacant house that overlooks the side of our backyard with our lawn chairs just rented out on the first of the month – they haven’t moved in yet – but they are in for a surprise – or a treat..
Naked dinner is nothing new – everyone knows about our Taco Tuesdays. The only difference is this was our first Taco Tuesday (which is usually our commitment to cook dinner naked every Tuesday which during kitchen renos stopped) with our new kitchen! Just a couple cabinets left to install and it will be done! So nice having a dishwasher before. Not sure if anyone noticed – but this house never had a dishwasher until last month…… Naked cooking advice to any first timers – reduce splatter. Use the far burner – don’t start off your nude cooking endeavors with bacon. That kind of thing. The evening was pretty relaxed and pretty naked.
Thoughts popping in my head on my reflection of teaching myself to be a nudist. First, my day didn’t look too different than how it would if I were clothed. Yes there were some things I couldn’t do. But I also think the most hard core “nudist” around wouldn’t walk to their car in the middle of the day on their busy (well not busy but not empty) street and go for a drive through the city naked. After the experiment this weekend – the only thing I noticed is a nudist life is no different from my life – just sometimes with more clothes, sometimes with less bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Drift

Welcome to today's issue of Carolina Naturally 'Nuff Said! Today is June 21, 2023 Today is:   World Music Day On This Day In History...