Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Teaching Myself to be a Nudist (Part 1)

It's been a bit since we checked in with Rae and her journey into being a Nudist, so we stopped by, and this is her latest story:
Welcome to a random Friday evening post. Initially I was just going to post a really long blog on Monday morning with both parts – but figured I might as well set the stage and hold myself slightly accountable. A perfect storm of scenarios has kept me pretty clothed over the last few months. From buying a new home, crappy weather, constant renovations, and oh-yah, being pregnant – there hasn’t been a lot of time to get naked. I have barely had time to relax, let alone strip down and relax. Sure my days have been a lot easier than Jay who has had all of the reno work thrust upon him as of late (for obvious reasons). And sure, we have had some fun painting naked – drywalling naked – and the occasional random activity here or there. It’s very much been a clothed, go, go, go, lifestyle for us.
I can also tell Jay is stressed with everything above. Except the being a dad part – he seems very calm. Which is a little concerning – but he is also very excited – so I am assuming he just has a lot on the go. Which he does. But he needs one of two things (if not both together) to reset. Nature or nudity. Obviously as you have seen our adventures, usually the two are side and side. But as I mentioned above, we haven’t really had a chance for either as of late. So I have planned a naked day for us tomorrow. The weather, typical Raincouver (play on words from Vancouver for those who don’t know we live in the suburbs of Vancouver and Spring is RAINY season) is supposed to be pouring. Actually, a chance of thunderstorms which would be cool. But not cool if you’re wanting to disconnect into nature. So I am going to plan the next best thing. A naked day.
I’ve discussed before how my nudity around the house was always intentional, bordering on forced, but in a good way. How it never came naturally – or just because. And while this is no different – I posed a challenge to Jay this morning that we stay naked a full 24 hours. On the one hand, this will force Jay to disconnect – it’s not like he can run to Home Depot for supplies naked. Nor can he go outside and pressure wash something. Sadly also we haven’t tackled the patchy grass in our backyard so naked gardening day in a rainstorm would be more like naked mud wrestling – which as fun and interesting as that sounds – not on the agenda. But odd jobs around the house, a little TV, tidying up, dinner, and maybe even some baking are all fair game.
My loyal followers (thank you) know that I used to REALLY struggle with the terms Naturist and Nudist. I have since educated myself further. And while I still take an antiquated understanding of naturism to being naked outside and nudism to those every day indoor activities – I am trying. Jay just identifies with nudity. But either way – our challenge has been set. I have a grocery list of supplies to collect tonight so we can shelter in place tomorrow. I have tasked Jay with programming our heat to be a little warmer than normal given the temperature and lack of clothing. Amazon is set to deliver but they just leave that at the door – and luckily (sadly) we moved a far enough distance away from friends that a random pop-in shouldn’t be a concern. The stage is set, wish us luck, and have a great weekend everyone! Hope you all get a chance to get naked as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Drift

Welcome to today's issue of Carolina Naturally 'Nuff Said! Today is June 21, 2023 Today is:   World Music Day On This Day In History...