Tuesday, March 28, 2023

These Bacon-Wrapped Banana Bites Are Self Care

Air fried bacon-wrapped banana bites contain a symphony of complementary flavors, and I would absolutely serve them at any party.
Bacon makes everything better. I’m certainly not the first to say it, but that salty, smoky, meat strip is hard to resist. It seems, however, that bacon has met its match. The banana, and its cousins, make everything better too. Luckily for us, they’re not enemies. In fact, when combined, they make the best snack I’ve had all week. Air fried bacon-wrapped banana bites contain a symphony of complementary flavors, and I would absolutely serve them at any party.
I have a bizarre mind for flavor combinations, but before this, I never would have taken banana and bacon seriously as a couple, until I was at a wedding in Brazil and tasted a small cup of sweet plantain purée with shredded, dried meat. It may have been beef. It may have been pork. I may have had several caipirinhas. I helped myself to three (hors d’oeuvre-sized portions), because everyone else was sleeping on this amazing concoction. On paper, I was confused by the pairing, but to my tastebuds, nothing could be more clear. The little bite was a whirlwind of sweet, earthy, creamy fruit purée with chewy, salty, smoky meat ribbons.
These Bacon-Wrapped Banana Bites Are Self Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Drift

Welcome to today's issue of Carolina Naturally 'Nuff Said! Today is June 21, 2023 Today is:   World Music Day On This Day In History...