Monday, January 2, 2023

How Being A Nudist Affected My Mental Health

Alexis tells us: 
I’ve always considered myself a “nudist” or at least adverse to clothing, and I would be naked any chance I got. Even as a kid, my clothes would come off at some point. Not much has changed in adulthood except I’m much more conscience of when I choose to do it. My biggest concern is not offending or bothering someone else. It is my choice to be naked, and not their choice to see me. As the pandemic went on, I started having more and more stress put on me. I had no means to escape the constant calling of work in my office, chores around the house, or the demands of my family. I love my family to death, but I needed some space and me time. Seeing what this was doing to me I made the choice to add things into my life that would bring me some peace and happiness. The first thing I started doing was sleeping naked again. I finally gave up on the worry of being questioned or that my special needs daughter would get in bed with us in the middle of the night. I needed to sleep good at night, and the best way for me to do that was be as comfortable as I could be. So, I would go to bed first and keep a shirt next to the bed to put on if need be. I went to bed first so I wouldn’t be questioned why I was sleeping naked, and the shirt would help cover up, if needed. It’s a shame I had to do that, but it was my “compromise” if I was going to do what helped me feel better. It was worth it to me.
Read the rest of her piece at the link:

The folks over at Naturistplace had this to say about Alexis' piece:
Naturism benefits a person’s health in various ways – especially physical, mental, and social health. The physical benefits have been emphasized since the earliest days of naturism – fresh air, sunshine, exercise, etc. The social benefits accrue from pleasant interactions with other naturists. As described above, mental health benefits from improved body acceptance. There are scientific findings that support this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Drift

Welcome to today's issue of Carolina Naturally 'Nuff Said! Today is June 21, 2023 Today is:   World Music Day On This Day In History...