Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Have You Ever Been Skinny Dipping?

How I ended up skinny dipping and why you should probably do the same — if you dare
Tracey Folly shares her story:
I’ve never considered myself to be adventurous. Yet, I have gone skinny dipping, and I don’t regret it at all.
Once in my life, I tried something most people think is crazy, and it changed me in a way that made me happier and more respectful of life. I took off all my clothes and jumped into a lake with other naked people.
Skinny dipping in the lake behind my house is something I would have never, ever expected to do in a million years. In fact, I thought the idea was disgusting when I floated the suggestion past my friends to see what they’d say, but it didn’t take long for me to be convinced. Didn’t take more than 20 minutes, in fact.
Skinny dipping is one of those experiences that you will appreciate more in hindsight than it might seem while you are doing it. It might scare the heck out of you if you just take the plunge without a real reason to do so, but once you’ve made your first plunge there is no going back because once your bare skin has entered the cool water for the first time, that experience can never be forgotten. Nor can it be matched.
From a broad perspective, skinny dipping means rejecting fear and shame and choosing to be vulnerable. Practicing it brings us happiness and freedom.
Skinny dipping is something little kids do without fear or judgment. They strip down to their birthday suits and run into a lake or river. They do it because of the liberating feeling you get when everything’s off when there are no rules, no roles … You’re just a human being in this natural setting, trying to stay afloat or chase that ball or whatever. It’s a nothing thing, but it’s a lot like life.
Take a moment and think about the idea of skinny dipping. As with most human interactions, that idea is exciting and a bit scary. There is risk involved. It’s not always good that it’s not always easy to find an open, secluded place to be naked. And in many states, it’s illegal to be nude outside your home or on someone else’s property unless you have their permission.
We are conditioned to believe that nudity is bad, and most of our habits of thinking about the world make us uncomfortable when confronted with it. But this doesn’t make nudity wrong in any absolute sense. Nudism isn’t moral or immoral. It’s a choice.
Skinny dipping can be a scary thing. It might be the easiest way to get arrested, or worse, caught on video. Someone could see you and tell everyone else. They might even post it on YouTube! Even so, it’s so much fun. There’s no greater feeling than swimming naked in the middle of nowhere.
I’m generally not the type to take a lot of risks. I have my comfort zone, and it takes a lot for me to venture outside my usual ways. I also don’t like the idea of looking foolish when appearing in public. These are the reasons I hadn’t gone skinny dipping prior to my first experience with it.
If you think skinny dipping is something you would like to do, then go for it! You only have one life and you may as well live it. The benefits of skinny dipping are a feeling of freedom and fun that you won’t soon forget.
Skinny dipping, or swimming naked, is a good way to change your perspective. You should take off your clothes and jump into the ocean [or a lake] at least once in your life, even if you are self-conscious about your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Drift

Welcome to today's issue of Carolina Naturally 'Nuff Said! Today is June 21, 2023 Today is:   World Music Day On This Day In History...